Week commencing 23rd November 2020.
This week was an emotional one, our youngest offspring turned one and it stirred up all sorts of post-traumatic reactions for both me and Vikki. I wrote about why in a separate post this week. It’s a post that I’ve had in draft for months and I figured if I can’t get it done by his first birthday, it’ll never be done. So it got done. I feel so much lighter already.
Reflection and catharsis aside, we made the best of a lockdown birthday for the wee one and I’m sat here at the end of the week feeling very grateful for the compassion and kind words from so many people, most of which I haven’t even met.
If that’s you, I’ve hopefully said it already but thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
On we go…
- Our youngest child turned one, we played the drums and ate cake. 🥁 🍰
- I received incredibly kind messages from people about my recent post about youngest child, you can read it here
- I cried about said blog post and aforementioned messages
- We collected the new car 🚗
- Our Christmas tree got delivered, we decorated it, most of the decorations are already back on the floor and vacuuming is a twice-daily ritual (thanks kids) 🎄
- Worked on NextJS and AzureAD integration for a coaching session in two weeks 👩💻
- Marked two weeks left in the current job with some more handover of work to Kiri, Josie and Will 🎉
- Got lost in AWS Billing for way too long - that thing is weird 💰
- Attended the second show and tell for the latest project (websites for the new West and North Northamptonshire unitary authorities) 💻
- Had a few Zoom calls with my soon-to-be team at the new job. Loved having new things to think about 🦈
- Continued to check-in with wonderful folks over at On The Side 🫂
- Did some more updates for Lauren to make the integrations between Circle, Podia and mailing lists work a little smoother. You should sign up for her latest UPFRONT course 🟥
- Completed Module 2 of the latest course with Ness Labs, it’s helping me think more consciously about collecting articles and how I do research 👨🎓
- More House we’re mid Season 3, I think it’s the weird season that included the writers strike… 🩺
- Finished reading Team Topologies, so many people should read this book 📕
- Renewed my subscription to Stratechery and included Dithering, I like that the episodes are under 15 minutes long a few times a week as a rarely get longer than that to really concentrate on listening uninterrupted 🌪️
- Enjoyed listening to Sam on the Make It Then Tell Everybody podcast, you should check out his work 🎙️
- Injured my knee, a few days off but still managed to ride 4 days with Peloton this week 🚴♂️ (referral code: